Monday, November 16, 2009

The end of the tunnel

There's light out there! By this time next week, I should be enjoying a return to a 'normal' schedule. The massive yearly project that is my main reason for employment is coming due this Thursday. Once that's out of the way, I will sleep for somewhere between 1.9 and 2.72 days (man, I'm fairly punchy now). After that, I will be able to post on a respectable level at Ubiquitous Absence, rather than merely being ubiquitously absent.

I do have two interviews coming back to me any day now, so we'll see what we have when they're in. My current reading selection, Severian of the Guild, Gene Wolfe's omnibus edition of his Book of the New Sun story, is slow going only because of minimal time. What I've read so far (~150p) has me excited to continue, however. Gene Wolfe is clearly an author that is going to become a favorite.

Meanwhile, if you're looking for something truly interesting, check out the thorough look at the history of the D&D worlds (Dragonlance and Forgotten Realms) Adam has put together over at The Wertzone. Or, go visit Grasping for the Wind, where I recently participated in the worst ending survey.

2 comments:

Jeroen Admiraal said...

Hi Peter

How are you finding Gene Wolfe's book of the new sun?

PeterWilliam said...

Jeroen,
I've just entered the first couple of chapters from part 2 (Claw of the Conciliator). Thus far, I am really enjoying it - just the kind of read I've been looking for.

Post a Comment