Monday, July 13, 2009

With an eye on, or waiting for

Books. Books, books, books, books. Mmm, I love shopping around for books, and I don't even need to step away from the keyboard. There's always some books I'm looking at, or waiting to hear about. Aside from the releases we all generally are waiting for, here are ones of special note (to me, that is):

One of my favorites, Elizabeth Moon, is returning to the eight kingdoms and the world of Paksennarion. It's set to be a trilogy and Oath of Fealty's cover art came out just this month.

Recently, I reviewed Blood of Ambrose. Soon, James Enge will be coming out with his next installment.

The concluding two novels of P.C. Hodgell's Godstalker series, in an omnibus edition entitled Seeker's Bane, is now out. I picked up the first omnibus based on the recommendation of a person on the sffworld forum boards whose opinion I've come to trust. Even though I've yet to read it, I'll be picking this up soon enough, as well.

Before The Desert Spear gets out, Subterranean Press will be publishing Peter V. Brett's The Great Bazaar, and Other Stories.


I've got my eye on a couple of books that have my interest due to buzz I've read in different places about the particular authors, and in Mickey Zucker Reichert's case, the series itself. Reichert has Flight of the Renshai due for release in September (yes, this year). The other book I've read some things of interest about is The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms, by N. K. Jemisin.

Check out this blurb for Company of Liars, by Karen Maitland:

On this day of ill omen, plague makes its entrance. In a world ruled by faith and fear, nine desperate strangers, brought together by chance, attempt to outrun the certain death that is spreading inexorably toward them.

Each member of this motley company has a story to tell. From Camelot, the relic-seller who will become the group's leader, to Cygnus, the one-armed storyteller... from the strange, silent child called Narigorm to a painter and his pregnant wife, each has a secret. None is what they seem. And one among them conceals the darkest secret of all, propelling these liars to a destiny they never saw coming.


Also, Glen Cook now has, arguably, the best cover art of the current day.


I'm interested in picking up the refurbished edition of Swordbearer, also.

0 comments:

Post a Comment