Thursday, June 4, 2009

Blitzball

The reading, and thus the blog, is suffering due to my involvement in playing Final Fantasy X. That's right. Years after everyone else has played, I'm just starting. You see, the 'ole Pedro is slow to get out there and buy platforms, hardware, peripherals, software and games, because if I'm just patient, I can get them a few years later at greatly reduced prices and maximize the fun:dollar ratio.

The Blitzball side-game has been occupying vast swaths of time. My proficiency (thank you NHL '95) is such that I've not yet lost a game (50+ played). I am having a great time, winning the division, repeatedly, as well as every tournament entered.

Between the obligations of day-to-day life and playing Final Fantasy X, my reading of Peter Hamilton's Reality Dysfunction is suffering. Worse yet, I'm now considering reading David Gemmell's Legend, concurrently. So far, I've only read Gemmell's Sipstrassi Stones series, so I am fairly excited to start out Gemmell's Drenai series. It'll be Hamilton at night and Gemmell during the day.

2 comments:

bloggeratf said...

"EXERCISE THE ABILITY TO REFINE UNSHAPED THOUGHT INTO COHERENT ARTICULATION" much better than playing video games!

Bit late but welcome to the SF/F book blogger scene! Stop by some time and post your top 3 sf/f books.

PeterWilliam said...

Thank you. I actually need to be strapped to the chair and writing, writing, writing (well, actually typing) and fed through the bars of my cage.

Post a Comment