Friday, June 19, 2009

Anti-Rothfuss whisper campaign

While examining posts over on sffworld's forums, I found this post. The post is by Adam Whitehead of The Wertzone. If you're reading this blog and haven't heard of Adam or the Wertzone, you've got problems.

Anyway, I wanted to do whatever part I could to make sure Rothfuss got whatever publicity he could from this cheap-shot. Is it because I like his book? I don't know; I haven't read it yet. What I do know, however, is that this attempt to railroad someone enjoying success and acclaim is male bovine excrement. Even should I end up loathing Name of the Wind, I now feel slightly biased towards the book because of the under-handed swipe at it.

A scathing column regarding these tactics and the suspected perpetrator (I've no interest in repeating their name) is up over on Pat's Fantasy Hotlist.

As an aside, cheers to Henry Allingham.

0 comments:

Post a Comment