Friday, May 15, 2009

Arrived

I love when new books arrive in the mail (FedEx & UPS are good, too). Today I received Conqueror's Moon, book 1 in the Boreal Moon Tale, by Julian May. It's a recommendation from a very trusted source and I've finally got around to ordering the series to read. Like any other reader of sf&f, I'm a sucker for a great cover. This one was nice, so I wanted to share it on site. It isn't nearly as nice on screen, as up close. Proximal scrutiny reveals incredible detail and scale of the habitations in the valley beyond the armed crowd in the foreground. One day, hopefully soon, I'll review it.


Currently, I'm doing something I've not done in approximately 20 years: reading sci-fi. I solicited, and was given, some great sci-fi recommendations over on the forums at sffworld. As a result of the recommendations, and their respondents, I've decided to go with Peter F. Hamilton's Night's Dawn Trilogy. I'm only 150p into The Reality Dysfunction, but will be back soon enough with a review.

Off to the weekend and my birthday. That's right!! 'Ole Pedro, kickin' like a chicken.

3 comments:

Gilgamesh said...

Happy Birthday Dude! ;)

RobB said...

Happy Birthday, may shelves full of omnibuses rain upon you.

PeterWilliam said...

Thanks guys.

Post a Comment